Amazon is the place to go!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Forrest Gump... I'm not him.

Yesterday I shaved a minute off my 17 minute mile... today I shaved 2 more off. That's right, 14 minutes and I ran a mile. I don't think it's going to get any better than that. LOL not soon anyways. Thats OK though, I'm good with a 14 minute mile. Even if today is the only day I do it that fast. lol If I'm going to run this 1/2 marathon in March, I need to work more on endurance than speed anyways. I just need to be able to get through 13 miles! 
I don't know how Forrest Gump ran the way he did. lol My poor legs want to just die. I think a lot of it is because I'm running in the damn garage too. Its flipping hot out there man. I have a good fan blowing on me, with my water on the treadmill, but dang. It's hot! I'm thinking that when it cools down a little, and stops raining so much, I'll take that treadmill outside on the back patio and plug it in out there. At least then I'll be outside, getting some sun and out of the dang garage. 
I've had some trouble with my motivation this past week... I'll tell ya, that Papa John's knows what they're doing when it comes to making bread sticks. That's my weakness. For some people, it's chocolate, sodas, pasta, cookies, sweets, whatever... for me.. BREAD. Garlic bread, bread sticks, pizza crust... omg it's so freaking good. :( I KNOW they have to be like a million calories and TONS of carbs... I'm going to google it right now......

OK, so not as bad as I thought, but still.. not GREAT! 
Serving size is 2 sticks. There are 340 calories per serving and 10g of fat. Not to mention 720mg of SODIUM... yikes. However, still not as bad as I figured. so, I don't feel AS bad anymore. Still, I need to reign in my diet a little. I've fallen away from it due to stress and I need to get back into the swing of things. I have been eating breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner... and I NEVER eat after 8pm anymore. I haven't done that in a while though... I weigh in soon at Curves and I'm afraid I didn't hit my double digit weight loss this month. I've tried but not as hard as I could have. BUT....
I'm fully committed to getting this last 30lbs or so off... I know it's going to be hard, and I need to stop making excuses. I cheat on my diet so duh, I'm not going to get the weight loss I want. But I justify the cheating by saying "oh I'll run it off tomorrow..." or "I'll work out a little more today" I'm never going to get anywhere if I keep up with this crap. Now I'm angry at myself. It's on like donkey kong. The gloves are off, No more cheating, and I'm back to counting calories religiously. If I want this weight off, I have to work it off. dang it. 

I'm reading a book right now called the Harbinger. It's a pretty good book so far. Its basically about how events from today are exactly like what happened to Ancient Israel 2000 years ago. I have an issue though.. The author says that God has lifted his veil of protection from America because we're falling away from Him., And that now, because the veil is lifted, our enemies can breach our defenses and hurt us. The Author says 9/11 is when this happened. Nuh uhh... what about Pearl Harbor? That was a direct and very deliberate attack on US soil that claimed many lives. Not to mention the world trade centers have been bombed before. Maybe I'm missing something when it comes to how the book perceives the 9/11 attacks... Maybe the ancient vow of judgement is only in regards to the Continental US. ?? IDK...  Once I get past that in my brain though, Its a good book. A lot of what the Author says makes sense. And it's VERY eerie.

In part of the book, it says how after 9/11 it seemed that things had changed.. People were going to church again, Praying for people again... Like they had all heard a quiet voice calling them to come back towards God.. Then the shock wore off, and all America wants to do is get bigger, better, stronger than before. The book is basically saying that by rebuilding, the way we're rebuilding, is like defying the calling of God. So God's going to keep trying to wake America up by letting their enemies penetrate and harm us. 

OH and the bible talks about Zombies... just fyi... 

Isaiah 9:19 "The land will be blackened by the fury of the Lord of Heaven's Armies. The people will be fuel for the fire, and no one will spare even his own brother. 20:They will attack their neighbor on the right, but will still be hungry. They will devour their neighbor on the left but will not be satisfied. In the end they will even eat their own children."

creepy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment