Amazon is the place to go!

Friday, February 8, 2013

A Very Special Place...

I've been running on my treadmill to get ready for the 5k coming up TOMORROW, and let me tell you.. I have to go to a very special place in the corner of my head to do it. Not because its hard, but because my treadmill is in the garage, facing the wall, and next to a refrigerator. I used to have it to where I could open the door and see outside while I was running, but my husband decided it was in his way right there, and moved it. Check this shit out..

I've got my fan up high enough so I can feel the wind blowing on me... I usually have my water bottle up on the fridge so when I need a drink I just reach up and grab it. My husband is a mechanic so that's why there is tons of just...random looking shit on the fridge. lol (the fridge is stocked with WATER....and milk for the kids, but mostly water!) Anyways... that's my shitty treadmill and my shitty area. I ran for 30 minutes yesterday and hit 2.2 miles. woot! 

I was going to do what I had been doing, run for 5 minutes and walk for 1 minute, but I felt like I could keep going... so I did. I ran a full mile before I thought to myself.. ok i'll walk now. I remember when I first started to run, that shit was hard. I was trying to just bust out a mile no stopping, yeah, that sucked and was stupid. The run 5 walk 1 is a lot easier. I've noticed I'm able to run for longer periods of time now without wanting to stop. Which is cray cray. :) I never EVER thought I'd enjoy running.. but I think I'm starting to. Thats a foreign concept to me. I don't think I can call myself a "runner" yet... but I'm definitely a person that likes to run occasionally. haha! 

I personally think I have a super weird playlist of songs that I listen to while running... Here are the top songs on my list...

Rock Me Gently - Andy Kim
As Long As You Love Me - Bieber
One More Night - Maroon 5 
We Are Never Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift
One More Drink - Ludacris (haha) 
Love Shack - B52's
Sugar, Sugar - The Archies
I Kissed A Girl - Katy Perry
Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice

I've actually come up with alternate lyrics to One More Night... lol It's a song between me and my treadmill. haha Running on a treadmill is really a love / hate relationship. I mostly hate it, but I'm starting to love it. I like the fact that I can look down, and see my stomach getting flatter and flatter, and thats all the motivation I need to get my ass on that thing. Yesterday I went from not wanting to do ANYTHING, to running for 30 minutes and then going to work out at Curves for 30 mins. 

OH I'm so excited! I ordered myself a watch from Amazon the other day, should be here Monday or Tuesday... and it tells your calories you've burned, and keeps track of tons of junk. plus, its pink and girly. Love it. And speaking of pink and girly... I've got the tattoo itch BAD. I want an owl... maybe... or a dream catcher, I want a big one and I want it on my arm. I know my mom won't like it, but its my arm, and I'm 27! No shit, I had to do that on a calculator... I forgot how old I was! LOL Thats bad.

I'm trying not to think about the crap thats going wrong right now and just focus on the race tomorrow. But I have to touch on it a little... I got Jacob up for school this morning, went to start the car to make sure it was warm for the babies, and it wouldn't start. I fought it for 10 minutes at least before it decided to start... and then chugga chugga for a minute before it started idling normally. My husband is my mechanic and hes in New Mexico till the 13th! He says it sounds like my fuel filter is trying to take a shit.. woohoo! Just what I like to hear. Not only that, so, a few nights ago, my bathroom flooded. Allen told our landlord that the drain pipe was rusted and bad and he needed to fix it... well the landlord sends some booboo ass plumber over here who resets the toilet for some reason, but says theres nothing wrong with the bathtub. Last night, it happened again! So, my landlord comes out today, and looks for himself, and low and behold, he says the drain to the bathtub is rusted out, and hes going to have to put a new tub in. Well.. thats what Allen told him a week ago dang it. =-\ I'm super irritated at this point. I woke up this morning with a giant headache and possibly a sinus infection. SO STUPID! I'm running tomorrow dang it. regardless. 

I wonder if I'm going to get a number to wear. lol All I know, is I'm going to eat a turkey leg and a funnel cake before the day is over. THAT is a Promise. Bout to text LeaAnne and figure out where we're meeting and junk! I'll post again tomorrow if I haven't died. 



No comments:

Post a Comment